Top post on IndiBlogger.in, the community of Indian Bloggers

Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Here's looking at you, 2013 !

             
        Do you remember that iconic line from Charles Dickens, The Tale of Two Cities, ' It was the best of times, it was the worst of times?'  Today, when I look back at 2013, this line, more or less, sums up how I feel about the year that is almost over. Many years down the line, when I will be sitting with my grand children around me, telling them stories about their parents , about their ancestral home, about their grandparents, I may draw a blank about some years but certainly never about 2013.

My happiness quotient of the year

For the longest time ever I had been dreaming of renovating my house. At one point, in the latter half of 2012, I had all but given up on this ever happening. But God stepped in , in the form of two angels, Ram Chand and Lakshmi Chand Singh- the builder and architect respectively. My wish did get fulfilled this year.

Another important landmark, for me, was that my daughter got admission in a B school of her choice. Her results for the CAT exam came out in early January. She got a good score, calls from many institutes and then the final conversions. Another important landmark in this year.

Just when one despaired of  the political system ever getting the makeover so desperately needed, the Aam Aadmi Party hit the Delhi scene. I really don't know how well they will govern, whether they will fufill their election promises or not, but I do know that they have brought about the main change- the one that we, the people were so desperate for. The change is that the mainstream parties will never again be so complacent about their wrong doings, so unaccountable for the corruption and scams originating from their ranks.
Arvind Kejriwal has brought a smile to my face. I feel a sense of pride when I look at him- a sense of ownership. More power to him.

Tears in 2013 

Mom went this year. She went really quietly, without any fanfare, or hospital visits. She went when one was least expecting it. She went in just the manner she had lived her life- the least amount of trouble for everyone around her. I don't know if I ever told her that I loved her, but I do know that she loved me. She loved me just as a mother does- without any expectations,totally and completely.


This is why I will always remember 2013.


No comments:

Post a Comment