Top post on IndiBlogger.in, the community of Indian Bloggers

Friday, July 25, 2014

Happy days are here again....


                             
                     ...Nahin koi gam mujhe nahin hai gila 
                      Zindagi ki raah mein mila hai jabse tu mere humdum...
                            


Oops !  So happily  engrossed was I in humming this delightful song that I not only bumped into the husband but also managed to, literally,  step on his toes. Expecting to hear  an  'ouch' and a 'watch your step' I was surprised to see a moonish look on his face. Well, let me preempt your what's a moonish look question by confessing that the answer to that completely eludes me.However, inconsequential matters, like not knowing the meaning of a word , have never stopped me from using the said word /s.  So, coming back to the saga, the husband was looking pretty moonish,  as in romantic. That was enough to stop me in my tracks- but only after I had managed to step on his toes- and look askance at him. The husband replied by singing ... .  Zindagi ki raah mein mila hai jabse tu mere humdum...

 OMG! The poor thing was under the impression that I was singing it for him !" No, no. That humdum is not you -it's Modi". To give the devil his due he took it pretty manfully ,infact he even guffawed. But the final nail in the coffin was when he said," why him?"  " Because he is the King of good times", I said. The husband sniggered and told me that Vijay Mallya was the king of good times and that he was bankrupt-of  finance  and  of ideas. I roundly ticked the husband off for nitpicking about  acche din and good times and also for taking Modi's name in the same breath as , well, anybody else.

" Acche din ? Where are they ? You made  shahi paneer without tomatoes and served some desolate looking  cucumbers as   salad  because veggies are expensive; the bijli ka bill is an all time high of fourteen thousand ; milk prices have gone up twice in the last two months..." I expertly cut in with, ' Well, that's not his fault. This is a bad time of the year every year-prices always shoot up in these months; and then you need to factor in the  El Nino effect on the monsoon...Plus, goverments are  not all about prices- they are also about other things like accountability, transparency,  communication with the people, the human touch....."

This time it wasn't even a guffaw- it was derisive laughter. " Yes, ministers in the Goa government going off on foreign junkets costing crores is transparency and accountability; MP's from  alliance parties shoving food into unwilling throats is human touch, deafening silence since the victory speech is communicating with the people ."  There is silence  for a minute. I am thinking furiously for a good defence line. Then I get it.  "Nobody can beat him in sartorial elegance. He has the best collection of kurtas and jackets this side of the Sabarmati. And now he is going in for slim fits for his trip to the United States."

You know what the husband says? He says-"Stop mooning over Modi".




11 comments:

  1. happy and pleasant perfect friday read Anju. As always with your posts, this time too I smiled reading it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shweta, your comment brought a smile to my face. Thank you and keep smiling:)

      Delete
  2. Very entertaining, indeed!!! Enjoyed reading your post, as always!!
    Thank you, Anju. I really needed something light today...er, light, as in halka-phulka.....My shoulders were pretty tired carrying the weighty veggies...:) Your halka phulka post has given me some respite....Wonder when the veggies will do the same!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shilpa, am impressed that a hand that holds a pen which yields such meaningful lines can also hold 'weighty' bags! and the way veggie prices are going north- am sure all our bags will soon become feather light:)

      Delete
  3. Enjoy reading u r post. Kwwp blogging.

    #workfromhome Join our blogging network and earn for each word you write... Join at https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1jMI8jm_25iGT__x6bzrplXmMI4QAdyoD4j-FB0OT5N8/viewform?usp=send_form

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks ,shilpa. Will do the needful.

      Delete
    2. Anju, I wanted to know how I can communicate with you apart from this place. Just wanted some guidance. Thank you. Have a good day! :)

      Delete
  4. Well written in your trade mark style!

    ReplyDelete